Youth Travel Soccer Tournaments
Your coach/captain MUST sign up your team first, before you can register as an individual to your team.
MAXIMUM OF 2 SPECTATORS PER PLAYER ARE PERMITTED TO AVOID OVERCROWDING
Contact GoodSports 732-681-8898
By registering for any GoodSports league, clinic, camp or other activity, you are acknowledging that we may use photos for promotional materials. The photos or video will be strictly for GoodSports purposes and will never be sold or rented to any other party.
SOCCER TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
ALL FIFA RULES APPLY EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- There are no offsides.
- Substitutions are free on the fly (a player coming off must be off in front of his bench before the other player can come on). Wait for stoppage of play.
- Number of players of field:
U8-U12 – 8v8 (7 players and a goalie)
U13 and older – 7v7 (6 players and a goalie)
- Goal kicks and goalie throws cannot go past midfield in the air without first being touched by a player or the turf.
- Goalies cannot punt.
- No slide tackling.
- The 5-second rule: If a goalie holds the ball longer than 5 seconds, possession of (Referee’s discretion)
- Each team is guaranteed three 25 minute games (or the equivalent thereof). Thetop 2 teams advance to the finals. Awards are given to the Champions.
- Teams are responsible for referee fees on the day of their tournament. This is a $30 cash payment to referee before the first game.
- All tournament times and dates are subject to change.
- Criteria for advancement:
2) Head to Head**
3) Goals Against
4) Goals For
5) Penalty Kicks (3 shooters)
**Please note Head to Head thrown out if there are 3 or more teams with same points.
- Any yellow card issued is a mandatory 2 minutes on the bench with a substitution. Two yellows or one red card results in an ejection from the game.
- All players are required to wear matching colored shirts. Shin guards are mandatory and are to be worn under socks. Bring alternate color shirt.
- All coaches are responsible for any and all actions made by their team and fans, any player or team that damages GoodSports property will be billed for the repair work. There is a Zero Tolerance Policy.
- Maximum roster is 16 players.
- No food or drink permitted on the turf fields. Only water and Powerade/Gatorade.
- Games must be kept on time, so teams must be ready to start at scheduled game time. Referee will start clock at game time.