Can-Am Hybrid Boys Lacrosse Camp
“FIELD LACROSSE MEETS BOX LACROSSE”
DATES: August 14th – 17th
DAYS: Mondays – Thursday
TIMES: Between 5:45 pm – 8:45 pm
AGES: 4th-9th Grade Boys
*Based on grade entering in Fall 2017
FEE: $235 Per Camper
ABOUT THIS CAMP:
- Played on the indoor, air-conditioned turf fields at Goodsports.
- Players will learn new skills set tools to take their game to the next level.
- This course is designed for the intermediate to advanced player.
- Instruction will focus on dodging, shooting, transition, defense and goaltending.
NOT A BEGINNER CAMP! PARTICPANTS MUST HAVE 1 FULL YEAR OF FIELD EXPERIENCE
Campers will experience the benefits of this cross-over training with 1.5 hours of play in field and also 1.5 hours of play in the box format.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: Gloves, elbow pads, shoulder pads, athletic supporter, box rib pads, box bicep pads, helmet, short stick and a long stick (if a defense player)
DID YOU KNOW?
- Over the past 5 years, many of the top scorers in NCAA lacrosse have come from Canada. Most of those players attribute their skills to playing Box Lacrosse & nearly all of those players have had limited field lacrosse experience!
- The most talented lacrosse players in the world are in the National Lacrosse League which is comprised of mainly Canadian athletes.
- Team Canada has won 2 of the past 3 field World Championships and the last 4 indoor World Championships. In the summer, Canadians play Box Lacrosse, not field.
WHY TRAIN IN BOTH FIELD/BOX ENVIRONMENT?
Although both use sticks, the games have many different rules and strategies. Campers will need to analyze and think about the game in a dynamic way which will increase their general IQ and understanding of both versions of lacrosse.
SKILLS GAINED IN BOX LACROSSE & HOW THEY IMPACT THE FIELD:
Tight Spaces: gain significantly improved stick skills due to the need for fast ball movement & pin-point accuracy shooting against larger goalies on smaller nets.
No out of bounds: players must be accustomed to non-stop action, keeping their mind/reflexes sharp and building their awareness on the outdoor field.
Faster Paced: learn to make decisions more quickly, which will translate to seeing the field game happening at a slower rate.
STAFF PROVIDED BY TRI-STATE LACROSSE:
GoodSports Lacrosse Director & Manager: Kate Dwyer, email@example.com
DIRECTOR : PJ Martin (USA) 2x Cpt. Drew Univ., Co-Founder Uncommon Fit, Founder LaserSharks Box Lacrosse Club
Sean Delaney (USA) 2x AA Univ. North Carolina, Former Denver Outlaws, Current Head Coach St. Joe’s Prep (PA)
Anthony Terranova (USA) 2x Cpt. Rutgers, #1 Leading Scorer 2015 World Indoor Lacrosse Championship
Chris Allen (USA) Cpt. Air Force Academy, Drafted by MLL Charlotte Hounds 2017
Erik Stilley (USA) National Champion Johns Hopkins University, Current Head Coach Shawnee High School (NJ)
Alex Turner (CAN) 6 Year NLL Veteran, former top ten scorer in the WLA (Western Canada)
Lou Cerino (CAN) NCLL Point per Game Leader ‘10-’12 La Salle Univ., Premier Series Lacrosse All-Star Game MV
Downloadable Team Registration Form
Downloadable Individual Registration Form
Online Registration Form